Partnering. Planning. Producing.
Transportation Resource & Vision
Two things really inspired me about PAE’s efforts on large transportation projects: 1) The fact that we have the capability and capacity to take on large-scale complex assignments and 2) Knowing the depth of knowledge, experience and care of my workmates… It’s just awesome to be a part of.
Highway/Roadway Planning and Design
Airfield Planning and Design
Bridge Planning and Design
Cost Analysis of Transportation Projects
Construction/Engineering and Inspection – Construction, Engineering & Inspection
Featured Case Project
Replacement of O.K. Allen/Red River Bridge
- Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (Client)
- City of Pineville
- City of Alexandria
- The assignment was to provide the client with project oversight and CE&I management of the construction of the new US Highway 165/71 Curtis-Coleman Bridge and demolition of the historic O.K. Allen Bridge, a $180 million project.
- Safely constructing a new Highway Bridge while maintaining vehicular traffic on the existing adjacent bridge.
- Managing contract documentation of multiple funding and oversight user agencies and project contractors
- Managing and Producing creative solutions to address and solve unforeseen site complexities from project initiation to closeout/ribbon-cutting
- Focused, diligent management by highly-experienced transportation engineering staff to keep project progress on a steady pace while creatively solving several unforeseen site challenges.
- Unrealized sandstone substrata delayed project – PAE facilitated a re-engineering effort on-site by a ‘partnering’ with owner/contractor/engineering.
- PAE developed a creative long-term sustainable solution for a sensitive adjacent drainage basin.
- PAE addressed the environmental challenge of unknown medical waste landfill found within project right-of-way while, at the same time, taking great care of adjacent historic sites.