- City of Alexandria, Louisiana (Client)
- After a significant climate-related disaster (December 16, 2019 EF3 tornado), PAE was selected to partner with CoA in the development of a “Game Plan”/Strategy to not only renovate, but upgrade the Johnny Downs Sports Complex to meet multi-state competitors.
- Develop a true “GAME PLAN” Strategy & Approach – constantly revising scenarios and putting action steps in motion, managing not only a challenging renovation project, but also client/contract/community expectations, developing creative solutions, and delicate responses to media influence.
- Utilizing PAE’s deep knowledge and long-term sports field/facility engineering and construction management experience (Backstops/Synthetic turf/LED lighting/Field amenities) to complete a complex project in a compressed timeframe to avoid interference with committed tournaments.
- Renovation Factor – Storm-related damage made for high-risk constructability
- Upgrade Factor – Tying new work with old tested the principles of Safety, Function, and Value
- Inclement weather during Construction – January start with 4 months of unprecedented rain
- Six month window to World Series event for the majority completion of $7,000,000 project.